5280 Publishing, Inc. is seeking a multimedia sales professional to join its team. 5280’s media portfolio includes the national award-winning Denver-based lifestyle magazine 5280, home and design market leader 5280 Home, and 5280 Health magazine, along with a robust suite of digital, social media, and event sponsorship products and opportunities.
The ideal candidate is an energetic and self-driven individual who can develop an active account portfolio with unlimited new business potential across all media brands. They must be highly organized and able to manage the entire sales process from prospecting, creating, presenting and closing multimedia advertising plans that lead to new and long-term revenue in a high-pressure, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Drive revenue across all platforms (print, digital, and event sponsorship) while meeting and exceeding monthly sales goals
- Identify key advertising placement decision makers and initiate and pursue productive, consultative relationships with local and national accounts
- Engage in high-volume sales touchpoints each week with clients and agencies to develop and present new revenue opportunities
- Create compelling multimedia proposals and sponsorship packages utilizing various sales and research tools, marketing decks and other resources
- Attend networking, community, and client events and provide a strong representation of the 5280 brand
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and new categories of business
- Work directly with the Chief Revenue Office, Advertising Director, and Marketing Director to develop custom programs for existing and new clients
- Maintain and grow CRM database
Qualifications and Characteristics
- 2-3 years of media sales experience, with digital media experience preferred
- Strong aptitude for selling high growth digital products and platforms
- Experience in the Retail, Shopping Center, Fashion, Jewelry, or Higher Education verticals preferred
- Self-motivated individual who is skilled at uncovering new prospects
- Competitive spirit – thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys chasing down leads
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Hyper-organized and able to manage a large volume of accounts
- Able to work well both independently and with a team in a collaborative environment
- Health insurance (FSA, FSA dependent care, HSA options, Teledoc)
- Vision and Dental coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid office work environment
- Paid parental leave
- Public transportation or parking subsidies
- Fitness club membership option
Compensation range: $75,000 – $100,000 (base + uncapped commission)
About 5280 Publishing, Inc.
5280 is Colorado’s leading lifestyle media company that produces award-winning journalism through magazine, digital, and social media platforms in addition to Denver’s best-in-class events. 5280, the largest local magazine in Colorado, was first published in 1993. Its commitment to high-quality journalism has made it one of the country’s most respected regional publications. Since 2005, 5280 has been a finalist for eight National Magazine Awards, the industry’s highest honor, and in 2020, 5280 and 5280.com were named the best big city magazine and website in the US by the City and Regional Magazine Association. 5280.com has grown into Denver’s go-to lifestyle resource with a robust suite of newsletter products and large social media following. 5280 produces industry-leading events that bring the brand to life and are anticipated and talked about all year long. 5280 also publishes 5280 Home and 5280 Health, each of which includes its own digital and event extensions.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
5280 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants of diverse abilities, backgrounds and life experiences to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
No phone calls, please.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resumé with the subject line “Advertising Executive” to [email protected]